ad

THE CLIFFHANGER...

Well...

You might be wondering what this post is all about, so let me get right to it...

Last night I had the WEIRDEST, most vivid dream {this next part is just a dream}...

In my dream I was very wealthy and lived in the Hamptons in a HUGE house... although, I really didn't get to enjoy living the lifestyle of the "rich and famous".

Within minutes into my dream {don't hold me to a time frame...my memory is a little hazy}, we received a weather alert on a loud speaker. I am not sure where the loud speaker came from...it could have been God because I remember looking towards the sky to "listen" to the weather alert...

However, I wasn't the only idiot listening to the sky.... everyone with me was also listening to the sky weather alert as well...

Throughout the entirety of my dream, I never saw one single face, but I knew who was with me when I needed to know {if that makes any sense at all}...

As quickly as we were all listening to the weather alert, there appeared a massive storm slowly approaching from the distance {like the fog or the NOTHING from The Neverending Story}.

In a sudden moment of panic, I remembered that my "DAD",who lived just across the island from me, had been forced to land his 2-person plane at my house for reasons unknown. As I looked across the island, I could see that my "DAD's" area was completely free of the approaching storm and I knew I HAD to find a way to the other side of the island... and FAST!!

**Just so you know... this is the exact order in which all of the information came to me in my dream. And those of you who know me quite well know that I do not have a relationship with my dad. My biological father passed away in 2002 and I never did get to meet him, but my adopted father is still alive and well. For reasons I would rather not say at this time, I have chosen not to have a relationship with my adopted parents... a story for another day, but this just brings a whole new weird to my dream**

My dream dad was "apparently" a pilot and I desperately tried to get him on the radio, so he could tell me how to fly the plane. As soon as I finally got him on the phone, my sister showed up next to me, but she was about 4 years old.

Here is how the rest of the dream unfolded...

ME: Dad! Dad!! Can you hear me??!!

DAD: YES, I..{crackle, crackle}......YOU NEED TO.....

ME: I CAN'T HEAR YOU!! WHAT DID YOU SAY??

DAD: IT'S IN THE..... {BOOOOOM!}

I am not sure what the "BOOM" was, but looking over my shoulder, I could see the storm getting closer and closer. At that point, everything froze and I thought to myself...

ME {inner monologue}: How hard could it really be to fly a plane?? I can do it myself...

When I looked inside the plane, I noticed that the key was already inside and my "dream dad" was trying to give me directions through the radio inside the plane. All of our bags suddenly appeared and I quickly loaded them into the back of the plane and told my sister to get inside. I opened the cockpit {I think that is what the driver's side is called..haha} and looked at all of the gadgets inside, which had somehow tripled during the time it took me to get to the "cockpit". I climbed in and tried to listen carefully, but as I did, my dad's voice became more and more faint....

The storm was now so close I could FEEL the wind getting stronger and the darkness getting darker... I placed my hand down on something {I'm not sure what} to start the plane and as soon as I did...

"Mommy, wake up.. I gotta go to school!"

YES, my daughter woke me up just as I was about to find out if I could fly the plane on my own and save my sister!!! I will never know if I could have done it or not....

P-R-E-T-T-Y Disappointing, indeed!!

Now, I have this sense that I missed out on an AMAZING ending to the dream and I have a this nagging urgency to learn to fly a plane.... One truth about me..

Truth you might not know about me:
1. I actually DID want to learn to fly a plane, but never had enough money for the lessons. I did get to sit in the cockpit of a helicopter while taking a birds eye view of the Grand Canyon tour with my husband and kids a few years ago, but that was the closest I became to actually "flying" a plane.

2. I desperately want to go skydiving one day.. NO JOKE!! I have a sick attraction to roller-coasters and extreme sports, but I am boring on a daily basis in real life.. haha


I know this post was filled with a bunch of nothingness, but I hope you enjoyed reading this anyway..HA! Here is a little something I made for all of you..just in case you weren't amused. Say hello to Charlie everyone...


 I hope you all have a great Thursday!!!


4 comments:

  1. Wow! What details! You did good on remembering it! Didn't you want to go back to sleep and see if you could bring it up again? Maybe an afternoon nap is in order!
    Patty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha.. thanks!! I would have gone back to bed, but I realized it was raining outside!! We don't get a lot of rain here in Arizona where I'm at, so that was enough motivation to get me up... plus.. I can never go back to sleep once I'm up.. I wish I could!! haha

      Delete
  2. Ha-Ha Loved reading about your crazy dream. Now if for some reason you do have this dream again and get to sleep through the ending, be sure to let us know what happens! :)

    Kelly
    Lattes and Lunchrooms

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely WILL!! It was so real that I was a bit disappointed to realize that I was no longer in the Hamptons... bwahaha!! I have been watching the show, Revenge, lately... that could explain the setting of my dream..haha

      Delete

Love Notes...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...