ad

Blogger Header Missing on 3AM Designs

Hi everyone!! I have a quick post to announce only for those of you I have had the honor to work with. I have had two of my clients inform me that their Blog header suddenly disappeared. At first, I thought there might have been something wonky going on with Blogger, but I now believe that I might have been the cause of  this error. 

Because I am hiking this morning, I decided to write a quick post just in case I lose service in the hills. I am not sure if there are any more of you missing a header, but I hope if you are one of the lucky ones, that this will bring you a little peace of mind. 

My phone broke a few weeks ago and I finally got my replacement last week. I have been slowly setting everything up, but when I synced my google plus images,  I believe that I might have chosen an option to delete some of the duplicated images, not even thinking about anyone's header images. 

The header image is the one image I do not host, but instead, upload within the Blogger header widget. Because of this, I did not think twice about deleting some of the images I had on Google plus. Although I do not host those images through my Pjotobucket account, I hadn't thought of the fact that the images are hosted through Blogger and my Google/Picassa every time I upload a picture into a post or into a Blogger template. 

So..... If you are a client and friend of mine whom I have had the honor to work with, and your header is missing, here is what you will need to do... It will literally take you less than a minute to resolve and will not require any coding or my assistance. If you do get stuck and require my assistance... Do not feel bad about having to contact me for help. I will be more than happy to help you.

 Follow the directions below...

Directions:
Luckily, I provide every client with a zipped file of all of the images I create for their personal design, which you will need to make sure is un-zipped and the files saved where you can easily find them.

1. Log into your Blogger account 

2. Choose the Layout option from the sidebar menu

3. Open the header widget by clicking on the edit link at the bottom of the widget.

4. Choose to upload your own image. I make locating your header image very easy. It will be located in its own file folder (digital of course) within your design folder. Locate that folder and upload the image which will be labeled, header or h1. You will most likely be able to recognize it as your header and not need to read the image name. Upload the image when you find it and before you choose to save, make sure to click the option in your header widget, to replace the text with the image. I am not at my computer at this time, so I am not sure if that is the exact wordage.... But their pose is to make sure that your blog name does not show up in the form of a header title over the image. To do this, just make sure that you have selected to use the image instead of the text. 

5. Once you have uploaded your header image and selected the correct option within the widget, click save, refresh your browser, and check to make sure your header shows up.

I am so very sorry for the inconvenience, and if you need any help, please feel free to contact me. If you are a previous client of mine, you will have my email address engrained in your brain for sure...hahaha

 I have checked a few blogs and not all are missing headers, so it seems to have only done this to a few of you. 

Thank you so much for your understanding and I really hope you are all having a wonderful break... Those of you already on break!!!  Okay... I think I am ready to keep hiking... Hahaha... Thank goodness I brought my survival gear... I am not sure I could have done this without my iPad... Hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love Notes...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...