ad

Start a Publishing Place in your Classroom...

While teaching Kindergarten at a private school, I fully funded my own teacher site in order to provide parents and students with resources. Every year, I organized a writer's workshop in my classroom and I used one of the pages on my classroom website to post student publishing and pictures. Doing so proved to be a great motivator to get students to reach maximum potential. They were so excited to get to see their work online and to be able to show family members who were out of state. I always encourage students to take pride in their work and turn in work that they could be proud of. This was a great opportunity to allow struggling students to say they did their best and that they were proud of their work. I really loved doing the writer's workshop at this grade level. Here is the page I created that I had embedded in my classroom website.


... I embedded the site into the blog and all was well, but my object parameters caused my layout to get funky on me. I have added a link to the right. Just click on "Mrs. T's Student Publishing" to bring up the site. I created all of the homework pages over the summer and had a weekly link with printable pages and help tips for parents. I will be putting together some homework printables on TPT soon. I chose to design my own homework because I wanted the work to reflect what students were learning in class and not to just assign "busy work."

     I really wanted to give parents a chance to see what their children were doing in the classroom as well as to monitor their work at home. This was very helpful in directing my assessments because there were times that a parent picked up on something the student did not fully grasp or found it not challenging enough. I love the blessing of watching students grow, blossom and mature. I love bragging about my students - they are truly amazing little people and I can't wait to see where their lives lead them as adults!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love Notes...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...